Подробная спецификация по двигателю на английском:
F-head 134 cu.in. (2.2 liter) 4-Cylinder Engine
One of the cars that put the roar in the Roaring 20’s was John North Willys’ 1926 Overland Whippet with its new 4-cylinder engine, which later became the basis of the «Go-Devil» engine used in the jeeps of World War II. The similar but taller «Hurricane» F-head engine, which Willys began putting in its larger vehicles in 1949, had its intake valves in the head rather than the engine block. The «F» is simply the shape of the up-and-down valve arrangement.
The first 1/4-ton Jeep big enough for the new engine was the military M-38A1 in 1951. The first civilian Universal Jeep with the Hurricane engine was the new «high-hood» 1953 CJ-3B. Seen here with an early F-head is Willys-Overland chief engineer Delmar G. «Barney» Roos, who played an important role in the development of both the Hurricane and its predecessor the Go-Devil.
Maintenance Part Numbers
- Rotor cap: Prestolite IAT 1041
- Ignition points: Standard AL 4556P or #AL4556XP (the difference between P and XP is the quality.)
- Points: NAPA CS725A or CS709
- Condenser: NAPA AL 869 or AL 868 (with wire or with copper strap)
- Cap: NAPA AL70
- Rotor: NAPA AL69
- Fan belt: Dayco 22425.
- Oil Filter: Fram C-3P. Wix 51010 or NAPA 1010 or 1006 (1011 is same filter with 2 different size gaskets.) 1980’s Mercedes-Benz diesels used the same filter.
- Sparkplugs: Autolite A7, AC Delco 45 or Champion J-8. Note: Current Autolite replacement number is 295. A current Champion 841 (J8C) is suitable. AC has discontinued the 45 plug but hardware stores in small towns may still have stock from the 70’s. Modern resistor-type plugs don’t perform well on older engines.
- 6-volt Battery: Auto-Lite 1M-100, 100 AmpHour (H 8 5/8″ x W 7″ x L 8 23/32″)
- 12-volt Battery: Auto-Lite 11-HS, 50 AmpHour (H 9 7/32″ x W 6 25/32″ x L 10 15/64″)
- Spark plug gap: 0.030 in. (0.762 mm)
- Spark plug torque: 25-33 lbs. ft. (34-44 Nm)
- Firing order: 1-3-4-2
- Distributor rotation: Counterclockwise
- Point gap: 0.020 in. (Prestolite)
- Dwell angle: 42 degrees
- Ignition timing: 5 degrees BTDC
- Bore and stroke :3 1/8 in. x 4 3/8 in. (79.37 mm x 111.12 mm)
- SAE Horsepower: 15.63
- Weight: 470 lbs. with fluids (Jeep Bible, Granville King)
- Max. Horsepower: 72 @ 4000 R.P.M. (71 @ 4000 R.P.M. on military M606’s)
- Torque: 114 lbs. ft. (15.7 kg-m) @ 2000 R.P.M. (111 lbs. ft. @ 2200 R.P.M. on military M606’s)
- Compression pressure: 120-130 psi (8.4-9.2 kg-cm2)
- Compression ratio: 6.9:1 (7.4:1 high altitude option).
- Valves: 2-in. intake valves in head, exhaust valves in block.
- Valve clearances:
Intake: 0.018 in.
Exhaust: 0.016 in.
- Idle speed:
YF-938-SD carburetor: 600 rpm
YF-4002-S carburetor: 650-700 rpm
YF-4366-S, YF-4941-S, or YF-6115-S:
IAY-4401A distributor: 650-700 rpm
IAY-4401B distributor: 700-750 rpm